- I started a new job in August. I'm still teaching 7th grade language arts, but instead of commuting an hour or so each way, now I commute 3 miles. My team is great so far. 2 of the other teachers actually were my teachers and they were 2 of my favorites. The school is a positive place to be and the commute allows a lot more time for sweating!
- I ran a race. Yes, the New Haven Road Race was on Labor Day. It's the 4th time I have run this 20K race. I had very low expectations going into race day. I didn't feel like my training was where it was last year, it was HOT, laddy, daddy, da. After
- I signed up for a race. Just a little old 26.2 miler. I'll be running the Hartford Marathon this year. When did I decide this; oh, about 2 weeks ago. And when is the race...oh, in 2 weeks. Good thinking Carlee. I'll be honest though, as a mentor with Team in Training, I've been running the long runs and as a running addict, I've been putting up decent mileage during the week. I decided I would officially sign up after my 18 miler, but it had been in the back of my mind since July (when I was able to run again). I don't have any huge expectations for this race. Mainly because I like the way that strategy played out in New Haven (see above bullet).
- I nailed a 20 miler. Yesterday in fact. If you live in the tri-state area (is that a term they only use in CT or does every state have a tri-state area?), you may know that it was humid yesterday (and today and Friday and pretty much every day that I had a run scheduled in the last 3 weeks). So going with the theme of this training cycle, I didn't have high expectations for this run. However, it went pretty well for me and I ended up hitting the 20 miler with a 8:40 pace.
- I put up more than 50 miles in a week. That was last week as you may have guessed. I had 7 miler with 2 sub 8 minute miles (it was meant to be a 6 miler, but I locked myself out of the house, so I had to run to my mom's for a key), 13.1 miler (love doing this midweek as part of marathon training), a very sweaty and humid 4 miler that was worse than my 20 miler, an 8 miler with some tempo work, and of course the 20 miler.
- I crossed the 1000 miles for 2011 marker. This happened on the run where I had to go to my mom's. However, it happened before I realized I had locked myself out. Talk about going from a personal high to pretty embarrassed in a matter of a song on the ipod shuffle.
- I'm going to be certified as a coach with Team in Training. That happens Sunday, so more on that later.
- 2 of my best friends had babies, on the same day. They have met, but don't really know each other, so this was not planned. Though that would have been
I think that's it for now. So now you know I'm training for a marathon and I'm already into taper. Man did time fly!