Has it really been over a month since the Hartford Marathon!?
Oy! Sorry everyone; I'm sure you've been on the edge of your seats to hear how this race went ;). Overall, it was a great race. In a nutshell these things happened:
- Not a BQ; but getting closer
- Reminder that this was a race that I hadn't had a great training cycle for (recovering from injury, didn't decide I was going to do it for sure until my 18 miler went OK)
- Stomach went into meltdown at about mile 18
- Stomach came back from meltdown at about mile 23
- Stomach stayed that way for 2 days...
- My mom, Eric, and mother in law came to see me!
- Have had a great recovery and have been enjoying running whenever I feel like for however distance
- Thinking about some Turkey Trots or maybe half marathons in the future (word is there might be one in my hometown this Spring!)