Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Surprise It's a ...

On Sunday we went out to a late pizza lunch with friends.  We were back in town around 4 o clock and I said to Eric, Let's go do something... So being the exciting pregnant couple that we are, we decided to go to Babies R Us.  When we went to take a left into the parking lot (with our blinker on and in a left turn only lane...) we were hit by a swerving man, who proceeded to drive away.  Long story short we had to wait over an hour for the cops to arrive, the guy's license plate was void, but we were all FINE (minus Eric's bumper). 

My mom convinced me that I should get checked out, just to be sure.  I was pretty convinced the OB would say not to worry about it, but they were surprised it took me so long to call and wanted me to come in at the next available appointment, which was Valentine's morning. Tuesday morning I went in for this "emergency" ultra sound and lo and behold, the ultrasound tech was able to tell the gender of baby PR. 

I asked her to write it down and seal it up in an envelope since Eric was at work.  She did so and when I got back to school, the other teachers wrote out a note from baby PR that surprise...the gender was revealed.  Eric and I already had dinner plans for Valentine's Day so when we arrived at the restaurant, I gave the hostess the envelope and letter to give to our waitress to give to us.  When she came by with the envelope that said "special delivery to Mommy and Daddy,"  Eric was very surprised!  We opened it together and found out that Baby PR is a BOY! 

We are so excited and now have to think of a name.  We had both agreed on a girl's name, but our list of boys' names is getting longer rather than shorter.  I know some people choose not to find out, but suddenly everything seems more real to me, so I am so glad we decided to find out! 

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Aww how exciting congratulations! Seems like its a boy season everyone is having boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your pregnancy and on finding out that you will have a baby boy! How very exciting for you guys! :-)

    ReplyDelete