Friday, January 7, 2011

Introducing Rudolph

I know many of you name your Garmins and I had always figured that when I got a Garmin, mine too, would need a name.  Afterall, it's a given that I will be talking to him, coaxing him, willing him on.  (Yes, I do know that it really is all about me making the Garmin say what I want it to)  I mean, I talk to the copier machine at school, my animals, the shirt that keeps falling off the hanger, the sock that falls down in my sneaker, the heater... I think you get the idea.  I'm pretty sure that growing up an only child made me feel like it was OK to talk to these inanimate objects, so there you have it.  


That brings us to Rudolph, or Rudy.  Why name the Garmin Rudolph you ask? Well there are a few reasons:
1. He was a Christmas present from Santa
2. He guides the way
3. It's actually a family name that I like, but probably won't use on an animate person or animal :)
4. I like it when people chant "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy" even if it's just me doing the chanting.  True story: in college they chanted "Rudy" for me during my last swim meet.  That sums up both my drive and talent...



5. I'm a big cheeseball and I would name my Garmin, Rudy.


Anyway Rudy has been good to me.  


On Tuesday I had some speedwork. 800s with 400s jog in between each one. I ran a total of 6.2 miles at an overall pace of 8:21 (up some huge hills, too!)


Today, I ran (before the snowstorm came) a total of 6.5 miles with 4 tempo miles. Overall my pace was a 8:07 and my tempo miles averaged about 7:40. Thanks for the info Rudy!!! You keep me very accountable.



1 comment: